The STEM Alliance annually recognizes the students and teachers of member districts for excellence and accomplishments in math and science. Districts nominate students and teachers based upon STEM excellence criteria.
STEM Alliance Teacher Awards
- Cash awards are made to four teachers in each district. Teachers received crystal prism and certificate in presentations made by Alliance representatives before their county school board.
STEM Alliance Outstanding Student Scholar Awards
- Cash award and certificates provided to elementary, middle and high school students Awards range from $25 (elementary) to $50 (middle) and $100 (high school)
- 24 students per district, presented before their parents and school board
- Student Scholars Program criteria and information 2015-16
To coordinate these recognition programs, the Alliance hosts and leads bi-monthly STEM meetings with STEM leaders to:
- Exchange ideas on emerging best or effective STEM education projects
- Identify special STEM programs and projects for future funding
- Obtain input and feedback